Our wild camping experience opens up a whole new world of mountain adventure. If you’ve dreamt of spending the night under the stars, watching the sunset or sunrise from a mountain peak, experiencing the solitude of a high mountain camp or developing the skills to access the more remote parts of our wild and beautiful land then this mountain experience will help you fulfil those dreams.
- Day 1 – Arrive, evening meal, course introduction, bed.
- Day 2 – Breakfast, pack rucksack and prepare for walk, mountain walk and wild camp
- Day 3 – Break camp and walk out of mountains, return to bed and breakfast, light lunch, finish
During this overnight adventure we will wild camp in the mountains and consider a whole range of related topics and skills. Including:
- Equipment: Choosing the right tent, sleeping bags, sleeping mats and stoves
- The rucksack: What to carry and how to pack
- Nutrition: Food, energy and dehydrated meals
- Water: Water Safety and Purification
- Hygiene: Going to the toilet and environmental issues
- Choosing a campsite: Where to pitch
- Mountain Weather: Mountain forecasts and weather map interpretation
There will also be ample opportunity to ask questions about:
- Navigation: Map reading, understanding contours, use of compass, legal access and route planning
- Mountain Safety: Mountain Rescue and emergency procedures
You don’t need any previous wild camping experience, however some hill walking experience is desirable. You do need to be walking fit and able to carry a rucksack containing your camping gear, food and personal kit – this will probably weigh between 14-16kg. The routes we follow are entirely non-technical but there may be some steep ground.
Mountain tents, stoves and mountain food are provided – although you are welcome to bring your own. A personal kit list will be provided after booking.
A privately guided wild camp experience is £349 per person (based on two people sharing a double/twin room/tent).
A single person supplement of £45.00 per night is payable – providing you with a private wild camping experience.
The costs are fully inclusive of accommodation, food and camping equipment. A wild camping experience can be booked on a date to suit you. To book your experience, discuss your preferred dates or register your interest please contact us using the link below.
Young people under the age of 18 are welcome to join this experiences and events activity but must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.